Monday, January 28, 2008

Downhill and X-C skiing

Jim, Warren and Ann went downhill skiing at Schlitz 2000 in the Stubaital. They said it was fantastic and they had a great time. Maybe some of them will comment on it later. Meanwhile, Barbara and I went to Leutasch and did about 10k of cross-country. Actually, first we drove to Scharnitz, because I thought it would be kind of cool to ski over the border into Germany. But Scharnitz was not a happening place, in fact the ski rental place looked closed and the area was icy, so we turned around and went to Leutasch. The conditions were not as fluffy as when Jim and I were there only a few days ago. I guess the sun has melted the snow and made it slick. It was easy to glide along the tracks and make good time. Barbara and I had lunch in a little restaurant in Leutasch. I had Schnitzel and salad, Barbara had Kaiserschmarren. She let me have some of hers, it was (as Ann says) "to die for." The Austrians are smart enough to eat dessert for dinner sometimes! They do actually eat sweet things, like nooodles and fruit dumplings with sugar for dinner, and Kaiserschmarren. Yum....






























Ann and Warren at Schlitz 2000.













Movies from Warren's camera from today:

1 comment:

Warren said...

Hi - this is Ann Chang. Anita and Jim have been wonderful hosts. Anita is a fantastic cook. We had Tyrolian goulash and spaetzle - it was wonderful. We had 3 varieties of great Austrian wine. Of course, the company was awesome.
Jim took Warren and me skiing today.
We went to Schlick 2000. What a fantastic day. The sun was out, the snow was great and we had a wonderful time. Warren told us a lot of jokes and kept us laughing all day.
It is great to be here.

This is Warren talking (or to be more accurate, blogging). Ann is right. We are having a wonderful time. Skiing was great today - Jim says today was good but not as good as last week. But I gotta tell ya, it was so much better than the best days we ever get in New Hampshire. Don't tell Jim and Anita, but I am seriously thinking of staying here as long as they have the house. Won't that be a nice surprise for them!